Monday, July 28, 2008

Student Evaluation: Setting up/troubleshooting in Pro Tools


Now that we're at the end of our class, I am supposed to be evaluating students in this class on what I think are the most important skills that you should have learned in my class. As your instructor, I believe that the single most important thing everyone should be able to do is to get a Pro Tools recording session up and ready for recording vocals.

Below are the steps of what I will be asking each individual student to demonstrate. Please review all these steps and make sure you are clear on all of them. If there is anything that doesn't make sense, please let me know and I will be happy to review it with you. Good Luck!

1. Select vocal and talkback microphones. Set up the vocal mic on the mic stand.
2. Plug cables and headphones into inputs on the Digi 003.
3. Create a new Pro Tools session in a designated folder.
4. Create new audio tracks and label accordingly.
5. Set good mic levels.
6. Adjust headphone levels.
7. Record a short vocal segment.
8. Save and close Pro Tools session.
9. Transfer the session folder to the Media Share folder.

No comments: